nat.ur.al.lie.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lavera Organic Mascara

Now for the first of my reviews! While out recently, I bought Lavera Intense Volumizing Mascara; it's an organic product that, compared to other high-end makeup brands, is very affordable at $13.50 (Target). The mascara comes in several versions-- intense volumizing, volumizing, and long lash.

Seasonal allergies have begun to set in, and as such, my eyes have been maddeningly itchy. I thought that organic eye makeup might alleviate some of the itch, so I was happy to see a product for sale at a decent price.

No Makeup
I tested the mascara out this morning, and I'm definitely on the fence. The application was a little bit messy; the brush is very fat, which looked promising, but ended up tracking mascara on both my top and bottom eyelid. The clean-up wasn't easy, either. Normally a Q-tip dabbed with water removes stray mascara, but this mascara just smeared. I had to use eye makeup remover to carefully wipe away the smudged mascara on my eyelid without removing the mascara on my eyelashes. Honestly, I didn't love the look. I once used Neutrogena lash tint, which only intends on brightening lashes instead of volumizing or lengthening (think lip gloss vs. lipstick). This mascara has a very similar look and feel to lash tint, but promises to deliver volume and unfortunately falls short.
With Lavera Organic Mascara (black)



The mascara was weightless on my lashes, which is a great feeling. It didn't itch, flake, or clump, and it kept its shape over the course of the day. My lashes were soft to the touch, and at the end of the day, the mascara removed easily.


With Mascara Again
Ultimately, I think this mascara is definitely worth the price. It's not the best volumizing product out there, but it still does a decent job of emphasizing lashes. I love the feel of the mascara; it's soft and light and removes easily. It's comforting to be able to use a product of organic origin in a spot as sensitive as the eye, and I think it's for this reason alone that I would purchase the product again. Overall, I'd recommend this for a daytime or natural look, but I don't think it delivers the intensity people typically prefer for a night out.




For more information, check out this mascara and other Lavera Naturkosmetiks for yourself at www.lavera.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment